What are you doing with too many bananas? You bake a banana bread or banana cake or even better, you bake a banana chocolate cake with no flour like this one 🙂 Happy to share this recipe with you now as it was super delicious.
No Flour Banana Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup of olive oil (one cup is 250ml)
- dash of vanila
- 2/3 cup of raw sugar, you can take less if your bananas are overripe and super sweet
- 3-5 very ripe or over ripe bananas(depends on the size), the skin can be dark brown already
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup of grind almonds or almond meal
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2 tbs cacao
- 2 flat tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Whisk olive oil with vanilla and raw sugar.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add alternately eggs, smashed bananas and the combined dry ingredients gradually. Whisk until combined.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes until ready (toothpick test)
To make the the chocolate glaze, add into a small pot: 1 good tbs of butter + 1 tbs of cacao + 3 tbs raw sugar + dash of vanilla + 2 tbs water. Put on a medium heat and bring to boil while stirring. Ready is your glaze!
- I always buy whole almonds and grind them in a food processor. The taste/flavor is much better when you grind them just before use.
- The baking time always depends on the tin/tray you bake the cake in but also on your oven. That is why I like to make the toothpick test when I think the cake might be ready. Open the oven, stick the toothpick into the cake. If it comes out with just few crumbles or dry, your cake is ready. If the toothpick has some wet batter on it, your cake needs more baking time.
- Do you have any question? Just comment below or contact me via G+ or facebook