Easy to prepare, delicious and super healthy. For the first part, check this link: https://youtu.be/BJHwSw1UUl8
Clean your hands and nails before you start to do it. I better say it here at the beginning 🙂
Sauerpawpaw Fermented Pawpaw Papaya The Recipe:
1. Green pawpaw or papaya, skinned, cleaned and shredded on the largest holes of your shredder
2. Salt, 1 flat tablespoon per 1 kg shredded pawpaw
3. Garlic, cleaned and chopped or shredded on the smallest holes of your shredder.
Mix shredded pawpaw with salt and garlic in a large plastic bowl while pressing and squeezing it with each move with your hands. Press to the bottom of the bowl and leave covered for about 30 minutes. Move and press it into a fermenting jar firmly so the entire juice stays on top of the jar. You should have enough juice to cover the shredded pawpaw in the jar. If not, boil one cup of water with one teaspoon of jar, cool down and add to the jar.
Important: No pawpaw pieces should float on top. All your fermenting veggies should always be kept under the juice so they have no air contact.The best is to cover the pawpaw with some clean cabbage or kale leaves. I have once kept it under the fluid with some celery sticks. it works as well!
Let it ferment until ready. It takes about 10-14 days. Keep in fridge from then. Enjoy!
Once you started to use this fertilizer, you will be amazed about the result! Especially if you don’t have the best and richest soil or you just started with growing veggies, this simple and natural fertilizer will help you to grow the best, strong and healthy veggies.
- Important! Never put any manure on top of the soil. The manure, especially if not composted long enough, may contain bacteria and pathogens that are harmful to humans, such as salmonella and E. coli. If you put the manure on top of the soil, your plants and produce may get contaminated and you may get sick. The roots need it, not the top of the plant.
- The tub where you prepare your fertilizer needs to be water tight so no water can get in or out.
- Place the tub in a far corner of your garden where you usually don’t sit. It might smell at the beginning if the lid is not 100% air-tight.
- Once you start use this fertilizer, you will be amazed about the result.
Basic, simple and you can plant your veggies straight away! This raised veggie patch is what I have already done many times and its working great!
This video shows how we have built our mesh greenhouse from scratch. To build it, we have used the following materials:
5 slippers 3m x 250mm x 50mm (for the veggie patch walls/edges inside the greenhouse
22 pcs size 4.80m x 70mm x 35mm (for the frames)
12 pcs size 4.8m x 100mm x 12mm (for the veggie patch walls/edges attached to the frame and outside where these two different nets meet.
The net is a High Density Polyethylene (HDPE). HDPE is used to make bottles for fruit juice, milk, water and kitchen cleansing products, 50 mesh 80 GSM so totally save for growing veggies. If you are in Australia, you can contact me if you want to buy this mesh.
Green Pawpaw Pickles
- 2 kg green pawpaw, cleaned and grated on the largest holes of the grater
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 large fresh turmeric fingers
- 1 ginger knob
- 1 capsicum (optional)
- 2 large onions, red or white, cut thinly lengthwise
- 10 cloves garlic, cut into slices
- chilies (I leave the amount of chilies up to you), cut into thin strips
Potato Rosti Pancakes With Mushrooms Recipe
For the potato rosti or pancakes you need:
Grated potatoes, one onion, couple of eggs, salt, pepper. Combine all together and set aside for later.
For the mushroom sauce you need:
butter, onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, paprika powder, salt, pepper, pure sour cream (the pure sour cream without any gelatin and co. in it is the best, btw it is the cheapest one at our supermarket), some fresh parsley
Watch the video how its done and enjoy!