Gardening Jobs in September
We have spring in QLD Australia! The time where we could get some frost is over. We can cleaning, planting and sowing summer veggies 🙂 These are the jobs I am doing this month in my food forest.
- harvesting our "winter" vegetables like cabbage and radishes
- cleaning raised garden beds, dig a trench in the middle, add aged chicken manure and/or compost, cover with soil again and top with mulch
- planting new seedlings: zucchini, cucumbers, tromboncini, eggplant, watermelon, honey melon and maybe something else 🙂
- pruning Passionfruit before it starts flowering again
- pruning other bushes and trees if needed and before they start flowering
- cleaning bananas: leaving always only three bananas growing in one bunch, cutting dry leaves and using them as mulch
- dilute some aged chicken manure for watering all fruit trees, including bananas, and cover the area around with mulch
- enjoying the garden! Very important 😀
What are you planning to do in your garden in September? These might be totally different jobs depends where you live. It would be interesting to know. Join the discussion 🙂 Comment below.