Create an Insect Friendly Garden and Help Saving the Planet
- Stop using insecticides and pesticides. There are many other organic and homemade options to protect your plants.
- Design your garden accordingly and bring diversity into your garden! Different plants will make your garden look interesting, will attract the pollinators, birds and other creatures to help maintain a healthy ecosystem
- Improve your soil to help your plants thrive. Strong plants are less vulnerable and are able to produce their own defence system.
- Create a natural habitat for the wildlife to help them survive. A bowl with fresh water and some rocks to create a landing platform for the thirsty little creatures will keep them hydrated during the hot summer days. A little compost corner in the garden or a pile with branches or rocks will attract small animals which feed on the insects and give them some shelter if needed.
- Start to love the biodiversity in your garden! Watch these fascinating little creatures interacting with nature while enjoying the fact doing your part in saving the planet.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or YouTube for more info on how to live with nature, plan your garden and other sustainable living related topics. We organize courses, workshops and can also help with the design of your garden. Our website: www.permaculturehaven.com
Worral, 2017, Without Bugs, We Might All Be Dead, https://www-staging.nationalgeographic.com/news/2017/08/insect-bug-medicine-food-macneal/
Francisco Sánchez-Bayoa, Kris A.G.Wyckhuys, 2017, Biological Conservation, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006320718313636?via%3Dihub
Adam Hadhazy, 2015, What If All of Earth’s Insects Keeled Over?, https://www.livescience.com/52752-what-if-all-insects-died.html