This was our last night side dish we made for dinner. I had a fresh Daikon radish which had to be harvested as the greens wanted to go to flowers already and this was the result! Super fresh and delicious salad! As usually it was a spontaneous idea so I just had to make a record of it. Now happy to share with you all.
Daikon Radish Salad With Ginger And Turmeric
- 1 Daikon radish together with some of the green top leaves
- few green onions stalks, washed and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp self made sweet chili souse (the recipe is in my blog) or fresh chili and raw sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated or cut into very small pieces
- some fresh ginger and turmeric, peeled and grated
- 2-3 tbs vinegar
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash and peel the radish. Wash the leaves. We have taken few of the younger leaves. I usually pick the outer leaves for eating as well while the radish grows. They taste delicious on a sandwich!
- Grate the radish and cut leaves
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a little bowl
- Combine everything together and ENJOY!