Grow Healthy Food… Under Your Tree!
- Water the ground around your tree. Any fruit tree is suitable.
- Place a layer of plain cardboard and water generously.
- Distribute a layer of: compost or compost and green material mix like grass clippings or leaves, then some soil and mulch on top. No more than about 15-20cm all together at the most. Leave some space around the trunk for the tree to “breathe” freely.
- Plant your preferred seedlings in and water generously. I have made a good experience with all sorts of leafy greens, herbs like parsley, celery, chives, shallots, also blueberries, wild strawberries and more. Yo can basically plant any small to medium size edibles. Some nitrogen fixers and pollinators should also find their space under the crown of your tree. No root vegetables as this would disturb the roots of your tree when you pull them out.
- Enjoy your homegrown food!