Delicious snack, great as a side dish or on a sandwich. Very healthy as an entree. This pickles should are simply something super special. Try it and you will love it straight away 🙂 I will make a video soon of all the steps how I do it but in the meantime, here is the recipe 🙂
Green Pawpaw Pickles
2 kg green pawpaw, cleaned and grated on the largest holes of the grater
1/4 cup salt
1. Combine, cover the bowl and leave in the fridge over night.
2. On the next day, place in a cheese cloth or clean tea towel, rinse under clean water and squeeze to get as much fluid out as possible and move back into large bowl. Spread 2 tbsp whole pepper and put aside.
3. Bring to boil 3 cups of vinegar with 1.5 tsp salt and 1.5 cups raw sugar. Put aside.
4. Clean, grate and add to the prepared pawpaw:
2-3 large fresh turmeric fingers
1 ginger knob
1 capsicum (optional)
2 large onions, red or white, cut thinly lengthwise
10 cloves garlic, cut into slices
chilies (I leave the amount of chilies up to you), cut into thin strips
5. Combine all ingredients except the vinegar brine.
6. Move the veggie mix into clean and sterilized jars
7. Pour in the cool vinegar brine and seal the jars.
8. Leave in a fridge for at least 5 days before serving.
You can keep it in fridge up to 2 months. ENJOY!
If you want to see how I sterilize the jars, see this video here:
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Thanks for subscribing! Please check your email for further instructions.