Homemade Crunchy Cheese Sticks – Delicious Snacks
Very easy to make, crunchy with lots of different flavours according to your liking. They are super fun to make and can be stored in an air tight container for a quite few weeks, if not gone earlier!
For the dough:
- 120g finely grated cheese like Cheddar, Colby, Gouda, smoked or other depends what you like
- 240g whole meal or plain flour
- 120g semi-warm butter (not fridge cold but also not melted, something in between is best)
- 1 egg
- 60g sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper and/or any other spices you like
For the topic:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- sesame seeds, poppy seeds, caraway seeds or/and other seeds to your liking
Combine to a nice and smooth dough, divide into two pieces, form two flat balls, wrap in foil or wax wrap and move into fridge and wait for one hour. Pre-heat oven to 180°C, top and bottom heat setting is best. Roll out the first ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface and cut into pieces and any shapes you like. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Whisk egg and milk with a fork. Brush on top of the dough pieces and sprinkle seeds on top. Bake until lightly golden. do the same with the second dough ball. Enjoy!