I just experimented and the result is fantastic! If you also have lots of Mulbberries you might want to try this simple-to-follow recipe. Mulberries don’t contain lots of pectins so orange and lime are helping out here. They also add a nice flavour. Any questions or comments? Simply use the comment section below.
Mulberry Orange Jam Recipe – Delicious!
- 4 cups of Mulberries
- 4 cups of sugar
- 2 oranges – the grated peel of it (without the white under-peel) and the fruit cut to pieces. Cut off the white under-peel and discart.
- 1 large lime or lemon – the grated peel (without the white under-peel) and juice from it
- Add all ingredients into a large pot, mix through and boil on low heat for about 10-15 minutes while steering in between.
- Blend the mixture with a stick blender until smooth.
- Boil on low heat while steering for another 20-30 minutes. Check if the jam is setting nicely (cold plate check) and boil for 5 more minutes or so if still too runny.
- Fill the sterilised jars and close them immediately. Keep in the pantry for up to one year.
- Check my YouTube video to see how to sterilise jars if you are not sure how to
- Clean the jar edge with a paper towel if you spill some jam on it
- leave the jars to cool
- when cooled down to room temperature – check if the jars are sealed. Press the middle of the lid with a finger or thumb. If the lid springs up when you release your finger, the lid is unsealed.