Great way to preserve the capsicum when the nature gives you more than you can use. This pickle recipe is from my mum and I use the base recipe for many different veggies. Deliciousness warranty!
Preserving Vegetable – Capsicum Pickle
- About 1kg of fresh capsicum
- clean and cut into pieces
- 2 cups of white vinegar, 2 cups of water, 100g raw sugar, few allspice/pimento seeds, few peppercorn seeds, a couple of bay leaves, few mustard seeds, half an teaspoon salt
- bring to boil
- add capsicum and cook for about two minutes
- Fill the hot capsicum and fluid into clean and sterilized twist jars. Make sure that the edge of the jar is dry. Dry it quickly if its wet after filling in. Close immediately! – Leave in a dark place like cupboard or pantry for at least 3 weeks before trying. The lid of the jar will suck down when the pickle cools down – sometimes you can even hoer the noise when it does 🙂 this is the sign that everything went well and you can keep the jars for at least one year in your pantry.