Design and create your own edible ecosystem! This course is for everyone who wants to grow healthy food without spending lots of time in the garden, has some space in the backyard and or front yard and wants to create a sustainable permaculture garden. Suitable for all entry levels and any size of land. This will be a very intensive workshop where you can learn how to plan and design the sustainable permaculture garden according to your property and your own needs. I will explain all aspects of the productive permaculture garden, how to use the nature’s cycle to grow your own healthy food and will show you how to design your own sustainable permaculture garden. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
Note: To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at the Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
Outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a design plan of your own sustainable permaculture garden, tailored to your property and your needs. You will understand how sustainable permaculture garden works. All ready to use and implement so you can start to create your own paradise straight away! Each participant will also receive The Permaculture Haven Certificate of participation.
- When: To be announced – add this course into your wish list if you like to get informed
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 9am-3pm – Please bring your own lunch. Free Permaculture Haven Tea and home made healthy treat will be provided!
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a plan or drawing of your entire property including measurements and any existing buildings, a pencil and paper to make notes and additional drawings. Also crayons if you want to get very creative would be good but not necessary.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from the Monash University
- Minimum number of participants: 3
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- Price: $160 per person, $260 per couple.
- You can pay via bank deposit, Credit Card in advance or Cash on that day. You will get full refund if there is not a minimum of 3 participants or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- Why permaculture? Introduction to the permaculture way of growing food
- The importance of zones in the design, what are they good for and how to plan them
- No-dig gardening, Hugelkulture vs. Raised garden beds
- Planing, designing and drawing the sustainable permaculture garden according to your own needs and your property
- Perennials, self-seeding and annual plants in your future garden, the best placement and growing tips
- Weeds and bugs management in the garden
- Permaculture Haven food forest tour to see how the design works at our place
- You will also have the opportunity to buy some seedlings to start growing food immediately
Note: We will not be able to create the fully researched Permaculture Design like I am offering it to my customers as it won’t be possible to do this within this short amount of time. However, your design created on that day will include everything you need to start a sustainable permaculture garden at your place.