Transform Your Backyard into Permaculture Edible Forest Garden
This is an onsite course!
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.” – Bill Mollison (1928-2016)
This could be your start to self-sufficiency! Design and create your own edible ecosystem! This course is for everyone who wants to grow healthy food without spending lots of time in the garden, has some space in the backyard and or front yard, and wants to create a sustainable permaculture garden. Suitable for all entry levels and any size of land. This will be a very intensive workshop where you can learn how to plan and design a sustainable permaculture garden and/or food forest according to your property and your own needs. I will explain all aspects of the productive permaculture edible forest garden, how to use nature’s cycle to grow your own healthy food, what to grow, and will show you how to design or re-design your place to turn it into a productive ecosystem. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
The outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a design plan of your own sustainable permaculture garden, tailored to your property and your needs. You will understand how a sustainable permaculture garden works. You will be ready to use and implement what you have learned so you can start to create your own paradise straight away! (Note: we will not be able to create the fully researched Permaculture Design like I am offering it to my customers as it won’t be possible to do this within this short amount of time. However, your design created on that day will include everything you need to start a sustainable permaculture garden at your place).
#1 ALL are welcome at our place <3
#2 To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at the Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
- When: TBA Important: When you buy a ticket before the date is set, I will contact you as soon as I have a minimum of four participants to set the date to suit all.
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 8.45am-3pm – BYO lunch. Permaculture Haven Tea and homemade treats will be provided!
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a plan or drawing of your entire property including measurements and any existing buildings, a pencil and paper to make notes, and additional drawings. Also, crayons if you want to get very creative would be good but not necessary.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also a Food as Medicine Certificate from Monash University and a Sustainable Living degree from the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- Price: $384 per person, $584 per couple.
- You can pay via bank deposit (preferred) or Credit Card, in advance. You will get a full refund if there is not a minimum of 4 participants or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this course will cover:
- Why permaculture? A short introduction to permaculture ethics and principles.
- Water management in the permaculture design – slow, soak, store
- The importance of zones, what are they good for, and how to plan them
- No-dig gardening systems and how to build them
- Soil regeneration in the permaculture design
- Perennials, self-seeding, and annual plants in your future garden, the best placement, and growing tips
- Composting systems and how to build them
- Weeds and bugs management in the garden
- Permaculture Haven food forest tour to see how the design works at our place
- Drawing a sustainable permaculture design – with my help – for your garden according to your own needs and your property
- A copy of my Food Forest Guide for you to take home. It will help you to recognize and name all the edibles later on.
- One perennial edible plant free! You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings and/or cuttings, at a special price, ready to plant and to start your food production straight away!
This course was exactly what I was looking for as a backyard beginner gardener. Ewa offers a course packed full with both conceptual and practical information. She is highly qualified with vast experience, and delivers the content with wisdom and passion, along with a down-to-earth practical approach.
The garden tour was fascinating, showing us the extraordinary diversity of Ewa’s food forest and demonstrating transferable gardening practices suitable for gardens large and small, like the three bin compost system.
I came away feeling like I had a solid foundation to approach my project with. And I have been pleasantly surprised by the progress so far!
Highly recommend this course.
Thank you so much for your amazing review Sophia. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the course and I could inspire you to start a new journey in your own garden. Wishing you all the best with your project 🙂 Happy permaculturing!
Absolutely fantastic course! The amount of gold level information that you can obtain from this is phenominal. Ewa has come up with excellent solutions that are practical, extremely down-to-earth, and inexpensive. She’s obtained a wealth of knowledge in her time obtaining her extensive qualifications, and by actually doing the practical of the theory herself. If you’re at all interested in how agriculture can become more sustainable, I cannot more highly recommend this course. We’ve already begun implementing the planning we were able to formulate during the course in our small scale garden. We will definitely be doing the same in a stage of life where we have more land too! -Caleb
Thank you so much! I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the course. Wishing you all the best in implementing the sustainable permaculture systems in your garden 🙂 Happy permaculturing!
Chelsea Larner –
This course is a great insight and tool for anyone who wishes to start their own form of a sustainable edible garden be it small or large! Ewa was very informative and introduced us to a whole new range of plants, and assisted in determining the best plan for our individual properties. Plus the range of plants available to get started was huge, and we will most definitely be back for more in the future. We are super excited to get cracking on bringing the plan we developed into a reality, and even more excited to get our own produce into our bellies – smacznego.
Thank you very much Chelsea 🙂 Your feedback is very very much appreciated. I am so happy that you both liked the workshop.