How to Grow Healthy Food – Simple Permaculture Gardening Systems that Work
“We’re only truly secure when we can look out our kitchen window and see our food growing” – Bill Mollison.
This is an onsite course at Permaculture Haven in Pacific Haven QLD Australia. The early bird tickets offer ends on the 30th of September.
This could be your start to self-sufficiency! This course is for everyone who wants to grow an abundance of healthy food without spending lots of time in the garden, has some space in the backyard and or front yard, and wants to enjoy healthy homegrown food. I will introduce you to all aspects of sustainable permaculture gardening and how to use nature’s cycle to grow an abundance of healthy food. This will be a combination of theory and a food forest tour. We grow over 120 different edibles in our food forest so there will be lots to see and learn. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
Note: In the year 2020, we have recorded the food we are harvesting from our 1000m2 food forest. The grand total for that year was 1073kg of harvested food + 1772 eggs. I will share with you all the tips and tricks about how we did it!
Outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a clear vision and understanding of how to start and grow your own healthy food. You will understand how a sustainable permaculture garden works and how to use nature’s cycle to make food production work for you. You will be ready to use and implement what you have learned so you can start to create your own food production straight away!
#1 ALL are welcome at our place <3
#2 To those who are interested in this course but live further away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
- When: TBA Important: When you buy a ticket before the date is set, I will contact you as soon as I have a minimum of four participants to set the date to suit all.
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 8.45am-3pm – Permaculture Haven Tea and homemade treats will be provided! Additionally, we will prepare and enjoy our freshly harvested and cooked meal together (the ingredients will depend on what is available on that day).
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat and proper shoes. You might also bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also a Food as Medicine Certificate from Monash University and a degree in Sustainable Living from the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Maximum number of participants: 8
- Price: $384 per person, $584 per couple.
- You can pay via bank deposit or Credit Card. You will get a full refund if there are fewer than six bookings or credit for the next available date. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- Why permaculture? A short introduction to the permaculture ethics and principles
- No-dig gardening systems, how to build them, and how to use them
- Soil regeneration, different composting and mulching systems
- Different types of natural homemade fertilisers and how to use them
- Natural weeds and bugs management in the garden
- Perennials, self-seeding, and annual edible plants, the best placement and growing tips
- Biodiversity, Companion planting, and more
- A food forest tour will follow – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. I will show and name all the plants we grow and explain how we use them.
- A copy of my Food Forest Guide for you to take home. It will help you to recognize and name all the edibles later on.
- One perennial edible plant free! You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings and/or cuttings, at a special price, ready to plant and to start your food production straight away!
Who is this for: Everyone who wants to grow and eat healthy food all year round! No children, sorry.
Please contact me via email or Facebook if you have any questions.