Permaculture Backyard Food Forests – What to Grow How to Grow – Practical Guide Workshop
Sorry! This course is SOLD OUT. We are having another course coming in January. More details here 🙂
“We’re only truly secure when we can look out our kitchen window and see our food growing” – Bill Mollison.
Learn what to grow, how to grow and start your own food forest! Even in a smallest space! This course is for everyone who wants to transform the backyard and or front yard into a prolific and easy to maintain, edible food forest. Suitable for beginners with any size of land. I explain and show how easy it is to grow healthy food using the nature’s cycle. This will be a combination of theory, food forest tour and hands on experience which includes harvesting and preparing a meal from fresh harvested food at the end of the course. We grow over one hundred different edibles in our food forest so there will be a lot to see and learn 🙂 See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
Note: This course is packed with lots of practical information. To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at the Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
Outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a clear vision and understanding of how to start and grow your own healthy food. You will understand how sustainable permaculture garden works and how to use the nature’s cycle to make food production work for you.
- When: 12th of December 2021
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 9am-3pm
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat, proper shoes and clothes so you won’t mind to get dirty. You might also bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from the Monash University and is just finishing her Sustainable Living degree at the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 6
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Price: $174 per person, $274 per couple (Including one meal and Permaculture Haven tea per person. See description for details.)
- You can pay via bank deposit, Credit Card in advance or Cash at the beginning of the day. You will get full refund if there is not a minimum of 6 participants or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- We begin with a short permaculture introduction, permaculture principles explained and what it is all about.
- A food forest tour will follow – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. A list of the plants you receive on arriving will help you to recognize and name all the edibles we grow here on site. I will show and explain easy ways how to grow food naturally and how to use the potential of the nature’s cycle in the garden. We will discuss a different types of mulch and how to use it in the garden and also how to make the perfect soil mix for your garden. You will learn simple no-dig gardening, raised garden beds and how to build them using simple materials.
- We discuss companion planting, pest control and different types of natural home made fertilisers and how to use them
- You get the opportunity to learn some hands on permaculture methods of gardening and this time we will do some harvesting together, for the meal we prepare later on
- We will end this day with a light meal we prepare together from fresh harvested edibles and drink our grown with love Permaculture Haven tea!
- You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings to a special price, ready to plant to start your food production straight away!
Who is this for: Everyone who wants to grow and eat healthy food all year round! No children, sorry.
Please contact me via email of Facebook if you have any questions.