Permaculture Food Gardening for Beginners – How to Grow Abundance of Healthy Food All Year Round
This is an onsite course!
“We’re only truly secure when we can look out our kitchen window and see our food growing” – Bill Mollison.
Food gardening for beginners! This could be your start to self-sufficiency! Create your own edible ecosystem and enjoy your healthy homegrown food! This course is for everyone who wants to grow an abundance of food without spending lots of time in the garden, has some space in the backyard and or front yard, and wants to create a sustainable permaculture garden. You will learn about no-dig food growing systems, how to regenerate soil, how to use nature’s cycle to grow an abundance of food all year round, and more. This will be a combination of theory and a food forest tour. We grow over one hundred different edibles in our food forest so there will be lots to see and learn. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
The outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a clear vision and understanding of how to start and grow your own healthy food. You will understand how a sustainable permaculture garden works and how to use nature’s cycle to make food production work for you. You will be ready to use and implement what you have learned so you can start to create your own paradise straight away!
#1 ALL are welcome at our place <3
#2 To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
- When: Sunday, TBA Important: When you buy a ticket before the date is set, I will contact you as soon as I have a minimum of four participants to set the date to suit all.
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 8.45am-3pm – BYO lunch. Permaculture Haven Tea and homemade treats will be provided!
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat and proper shoes. You might also want to bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also a Food as Medicine Certificate from Monash University and a Sustainable Living Diploma from the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 4
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Price: $384 per person, $584 per couple.
- You can pay via bank deposit (preferred) or Credit Card in advance. You will get a full refund if there are fewer than six bookings or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- Why permaculture? A short introduction to the permaculture ethics and principles
- Simple food growing systems that always work! No-dig gardening systems, how to build them, and how to use them
- Perennials, self-seeding, and annual plants in your future garden, the best placement, and growing tips
- How to regenerate soil naturally – different types of natural homemade fertilisers and how to use them, companion planting, and more
- Pest prevention and management in the garden
- A food forest tour will follow – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. I will show and explain easy ways how to grow food naturally and how to use the potential of nature’s cycle in the garden.
- A copy of my Food Forest Guide for you to take home. It will help you to recognize and name all the edibles later on.
- One perennial edible plant free! You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings and/or cuttings, at a special price, ready to plant and to start your food production straight away!
Who is this for everyone who wants to grow and eat healthy food all year round! No children, sorry.
Please contact me via email or Facebook if you have any questions.