Permaculture – Grow and Eat Workshop
$140.00 – $240.00
Learn how to start and grow your own food forest! Even on a smallest space! This course is for everyone who has some space in the backyard and or front yard and wants to grow healthy food. Suitable for all entry levels and any size of land. I explain and show how easy it is to grow healthy food using the nature’s cycle. This will be more of a practical and hands on workshop with a food forest tour and hands on experience. We grow over one hundred different edibles in our food forest so there will be a lot to see and learn 🙂 See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
Note: This course is packed with lots of information and it is one hour longer that the last Grow And Eat Workshop. To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at the Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
Outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a clear vision and understanding of how to start and grow your own healthy food. You will understand how sustainable permaculture garden works and how to use the nature’s cycle to make food production work for you.
- When: New Date to be announced soon. Please add yourself into the wish list.
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 9am-3pm – With 10 minutes brake in between and a light and Permaculture Haven tea meal we prepare
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat and clothes you don’t mind to get dirty. You might also bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from the Monash University
- Minimum number of participants: 3
- Maximum number of participants: 6
- Price: $140 per person, $240 per couple (Including one meal and Permaculture Haven tea per person. See description for details.)
- You can pay via bank deposit, Credit Card in advance or Cash on that day. You will get full refund if there is not a minimum of 3 participants or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- We start with the food forest tour – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. A list of the plants you receive on arriving will help you to recognize and name all the edibles we grow here on site. I will show and explain easy ways how to grow food naturally and how to use the potential of the nature’s cycle in the garden. We will discuss a different types of mulch and how to use it in the garden and also how to make the perfect soil mix for your garden. You will learn simple types no-dig gardening, raised garden beds and how to build them using simple materials.
- We discuss companion planting, pest control and different types of natural home made fertilizer and how to use it
- We will then take a quick sneak peak at the chickens food forests which have been built especially for them where I explain how the system works.
- You get the opportunity to learn some hands on permaculture methods of gardening, depends on the time of the year, like harvesting and preserving food, seeding, propagating and planting new edibles, pruning trees and more.
- We will end this day with a light meal we prepare together from the fresh harvested edibles and drink our grown with love Permaculture Haven tea!
- You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings to a special price, ready to plant to start your food production straight away!
Who is this for: Everyone who wants to grow and eat healthy food all year round!
Please contact me via email of facebook if you have any questions.
Single Ticket, Couple's Ticket