Permaculture Food Growing Systems and Solutions – The Complete Guide – Self-Paced Online Course Learn all about the sustainable Permaculture ways of growing food, planning, designing, and transforming your place, and how to grow an abundance of healthy food for you and your family. Understanding no-dig gardening and low-maintenance sustainable permaculture food growing systems, solutions, and benefits for humans and nature. This course is a combination of our two most popular on-site courses and workshops: “Grow and Eat – Your Own Food” and “Design Your Own Sustainable Edible Permaculture Garden”. Growing food is one of the most important aspects of becoming self-sufficient. Working with nature allows you to grow an abundance of healthy food without spending lots of time in the garden. Suitable for any size of land. This course is designed for beginners and any entry-level gardeners, with any size of land, who like to transform their gardens into a Permaculture edible paradise.
Who is this online course for:
- beginners wanting to grow healthy food and don’t know where to start and how
- beginners who just started to grow food and are struggling
- gardeners who want to re-design and transform their gardens
- everyone who wants to develop and implement the Permaculture design into their land
- everyone interested in natural sustainable growing food solutions
- everyone who is working towards self-sufficiency
Benefits of taking this online course:
- Certificate Of Completion
- Lifetime online access
- Easy to understand course divided into modules and lessons
- Tutor support through the Course integrated Q+A feature during and after the course
- Lifetime Access to the Permaculture Haven’s exclusive folder with information for our course and workshops participants only
- The ability to study at your own pace with no time limit
- Accessible from any internet-enabled device including mobiles, tablets, and computers.
Here are the skills you will gain in this self-paced online course:
- Permaculture explained – a short introduction
- Permaculture ways of growing food
- Different gardening systems, how to choose the right one, and how to grow healthy food anywhere
- Permaculture Zones and how they work
- Planning and designing your food production according to your needs – suitable for any size of land
- Annuals, self-seeding plants, and perennials – the difference and how to choose what to grow
- Water management in your garden
- Food for your garden – how to produce and use your homemade organic fertilizer, compost, and soil
- Dealing with pests
- Harvest management
Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – certified Permaculture designer, educator, gardener, and healthy homegrown food advocate. Ewa has also a degree in Sustainable Living from the University of Tasmania and a Food As Medicine certificate from Monash University. If you want to know more about Ewa, check the About Us page and the official Permaculture Australia website.
This course can be finished within 20 hours including your own recommended homework and depends on the size of your land and previous gardening knowledge but you can take as much time as you like.
See the testimonials:
Elizabeth W. Really enjoyed learning simple and easy techniques to maintain healthy soil to grow a diverse range of edibles. Great to Learn how to put together your own compost and fertiliser and what edibles take or put back into the soil in order to rotate crops efficiently and keep production at a maximum. I have not drawn a plan as my veggie garden is already in place however I appreciate the necessity of making keen observations and designing according to needs and water source.
Britt S. There were some good points in this course that helped me with drawing up a plan and getting started on that was really useful. Great reading suggestions too. Thank. you.
Simon L. This is a nice and easy to follow course, I’ve only been into growing for a bout 2 years and heard about permaculture only recently. I’d live to learn more on this. Thank you for sharing all these.
Junna T. Thank you so much. This was a nice start to my permaculture journey.
Please check our Terms and Conditions or send us an email with any questions.