Sustainable Permaculture Garden – How to Grow Healthy Food – How to Preserve Homegrown Food
“We’re only truly secure when we can look out our kitchen window and see our food growing” – Bill Mollison.
This could be your start to self-sufficiency! Create your own edible ecosystem and enjoy your healthy homegrown food all year round! This course is a combination of ‘How to grow food’ and ‘How to preserve your homegrown food’, and will also include the food forest tour where I show and explain all our food growing and composting systems. This course is for everyone who wants to grow an abundance of food without spending lots of time in the garden, has some space in the backyard and or front yard, and wants to create a sustainable permaculture garden. I will also teach you how to preserve your precious, homegrown food. Suitable for all entry levels and any size of land. I will explain all aspects of the productive permaculture garden, and how to use nature’s cycle to grow your own healthy food. This will be a combination of theory, praxis, and a food forest tour. We grow over one hundred different edibles in our food forest so there will be lots to see and learn. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
The outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will have a clear vision and understanding of how to start your own healthy food garden. You will understand how a sustainable permaculture garden works and how to use nature’s cycle to make food production work for you. You will also learn how to preserve your precious homegrown food to last and enjoy it all year round. You will be ready to use and implement what you have learned so you can start to create your own paradise straight away!
#1 ALL are welcome at our place <3
#2 To those who are interested in this course but live farther away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
- When: Sunday, 15th May 2022
- Where: 340 Pacific Haven DRIVE in Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 8.45am-3pm – BYO lunch. Permaculture Haven Tea and homemade treats will be provided!
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat and proper shoes. You might also bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from Monash University and a Sustainable Living Diploma from the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 6
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Price: $184 per person, $284 per couple.
- You can pay via bank deposit or Credit Card in advance. You will get a full refund if there are less than six bookings or credit for the next available course. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- Why permaculture? A very short introduction to the permaculture ethics and principles
- How to regenerate soil naturally
- No-dig gardening systems, how to build them, and how to use them
- Perennials, self-seeding and annual plants in your future garden, the best placement, and growing tips
- different types of natural homemade fertilisers and how to use them, companion planting, and more
- Natural weeds and bugs management in the garden
- Different ways of preserving food, how to choose the right one, pro and contra
- Dehydrating, fermenting, freezing, pickling, and canning explained in detail
- How to make your own flour from the veggies you can easily grow in our climate
- Practical part: fermenting or pickling – we will make pickles or start the fermentation process from a vegetable available in the food forest on that day
- Food forest tour – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. I will show and explain easy ways how to grow food naturally and how to use the potential of nature’s cycle in the garden.
At the end of the day, you will receive:
- copy of my Food Forest Guide which includes a list of the plants we grow in our food forest. It will help you to recognize and name all the edibles you have seen on that day
- One perennial edible plant free
- Lifetime access to the Permaculture Haven shared folder online, where you can find all my drawings, some e-books, and more! It will help you to keep and remember what you have learned on that day 🙂
- You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings at a special price, ready to plant, and start your food production straight away!
Who is this for? Everyone who wants to grow and eat healthy food all year round! No children, sorry.
Please contact me via email or Facebook if you have any questions.