Preserving Food Workshop – Fermenting – Dehydrating – Pickling – Canning – Sustainable Permaculture Living
“Filling your pantry today will keep you satisfied tomorrow” – Ewa Bekiesch
This course is for everyone who wants to learn how to preserve foods. I will introduce and explain all aspects of preserving food in detail and show you how to fill your pantry with delicious and long-lasting food of your choice. Additionally, in the practical part of the course, I will show you how easy and quick it is to preserve food using freshly harvested ingredients. This course will be a combination of theory and praxis. At the end of the day, we will go through the food forest where I show and explain what we grow and how we grow it. We grow over 130 different edibles in our food forest so there will be lots to see and learn. See the testimonials about us by clicking here!
The outcome of this course: At the end of the day, you will understand all aspects of preserving food. You will be confident and ready to use and implement what you have learned so you can start to fill your pantry straight away!
#1 ALL are welcome at our place <3
#2 To those who are interested in this course but live further away, you are more than welcome to arrive the day before, bring your own tent and food and spend the night at Permaculture Haven 🙂 Please send me an email for more details or questions.
- When: Sunday, TBA
- Where: Howard-Pacific Haven QLD 4659
- Time: 8.45am-3 pm – Permaculture Haven Tea and homemade treats will be provided! BYO lunch.
- What to bring: Good spirit! Also a hat and proper shoes for the food forest tour. You might also bring a pencil and paper if you want to make notes.
- Tutor: Ewa Bekiesch – Certified Permaculture Designer and Educator. Ewa has also the Food As Medicine Certificate from Monash University and a Sustainable Living Diploma from the University of Tasmania
- Minimum number of participants: 6
- Maximum number of participants: 10
- Price: $384 per person, $584 per couple
- You can pay via bank deposit or Credit Card. You will get a full refund if there are less than six bookings or credit for the next available date. You choose what you prefer.
What this workshop will cover:
- Sustainable permaculture – what is it? A very short introduction.
- Different ways of preserving food, how to choose the right one, pro and contra
- Dehydrating, fermenting, freezing, pickling, and canning explained in detail
- How to make your own flour to use for baking – from the veggies you can easily grow in our climate
- Practical part: making delicious pickles from any vegetable – we will make pickles from a vegetable available on that day
- Q and A session – all questions answered
- A food forest tour will follow – visual learning – where you can find over one hundred different types of growing edibles. I will show and name the plants we grow and explain how we use them.
- A copy of my Food Forest Guide for you to take home. It will help you to recognize and name all the edibles later on.
- A copy of my basic preserving food recipes for you to take home.
- One perennial edible plant free! You will also get the opportunity to buy some seedlings and/or cuttings, at a special price, ready to plant and to start your food production straight away!
Who is this for: Everyone who wants to preserve foods! No children, sorry.
Please contact me via email or Facebook if you have any questions.