I started to make my own green banana flour since one of our banana plants broke under the heavy weight of the still not ripe bananas. Yes, we could have supported it but then, I would not have the banana flour which is super healthy, gluten free and perfect for all sorts of cakes. You can make this cake with a normal flour as well.
Rosella Cheesecake Gluten Free
1. For the bottom you need:
- 4 Eggs
- pinch of salt
- 80 grams raw sugar or caster-sugar
- pinch of vanilla sugar
- 130 grams green banana flour or any other flour of your choice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Turn on the oven on 160 degrees Celsius. Whisk the egg-whites with a pinch of salt till stiff. Add raw sugar by the spoonful while still whisking. Slow down the speed of your food processor, add egg-yolks and combine for a few seconds. Turn off the food processor. Mix the banana flour with baking powder, add into the egg mixture and combine gently with a spoon or a hand whisk. Pour into a tray and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. Cool it down on a tray.
2. For the Rosella jam:
- white sugar
- lemon juice
Spread cold Rosella jam on the banana sponge or make fresh Rosella jam like in my recipe here under this link.
3. For the top part you need:
- one ricotta cheese – smooth, the ricotta cheese we have here are 375g so if you have one around 400g is fine
- 100g of pure icing sugar + 1 tsp starch of your choice
- dash of vanilla
Mix it all together very well. Additional to this you need:
- 200ml of pure cream ( it needs to be very cold )
- 1 tsp of pure icing sugar + 1 tsp starch of your choice – combine
- dash of vanilla
Whisk the cream with the remaining ingredients until fluffy. It has to be pretty firm but not overdo it as you may turn it to butter and this is NOT what we need here. Note! The cream and the dish you are using must be very cold to ensure you get a nice and fluffy whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream gently into the cheese mixture and spread on the banana sponge lined with Rosella jam. Decorate as you wish 🙂 Enjoy!