One of Sebs favorites 🙂 This is a quick and simple recipe with such a great result! Depends on the region in Italy, the recipes may differ a little. I got this recipe from an Italian restaurant owner in Munich where I used to live. Its the best recipe ever!
- Lady finger biscuits
- strong coffee – cooled down into room temperature
- 4 fresh eggs
- 140g pure icing sugar or ground white sugar into powder
- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- 2cl Amaretto liquor – it musst be Amaretto to get the real Tiramisu flavor
- pure cacao for the top
- Distribute the coffee over the biscuits generously and on both sites
- Whisk egg yolks and icing sugar for at least 5 minutes until nice and creamy and the colour changes from yellow to pale yellow creamy colour, almost white and is thick
- Add Amaretto and Mascarpone and mix gently until combined.
- Add whisked egg-whites with a tiny pinch of soil and combine gently.
- Spread about half the cream on top of the first layer of coffee-biscuits, top with the second layer of coffee-biscuits, spread the remaining cream on top and finally dust generously with cacao powder.
- Put a lid or cling wrap on top and move it into fridge for about 3 hours or more.
- Eat within two days. Enjoy!!
- don’t change the recipe if you want the real taste 😀
- I buy the lady finger biscuits from the International section in our supermarket. If you struggle to get the lady finger biscuits, you can bake your own simple biscuit and cut it as needed
- the eggs musst be super clean outside and super fresh inside